Building foundations April 2020
- A small and supportive online group class
- Starts 28 March 2020, for four weeks
- Embed and refine foundation concepts and accelerate your progress
- 4 weeks of teaching plustailored coaching support with personal access to Bex’s expertise and advice every step of the way
- Two live Q&A sessions where anything goes - ask any question you like!
- Video analysis with individualised feedback throughout the course
- Embrace the “hive mind”! Leverage your learning through auditing other members’ videos and feedback
We will cover: maintaining a relaxed focus around food, shaping skills, touch & follow targeting, proofing the park, liberty leading and other groundwork, confidence-building and more.
The primary focus always is on a mutually enjoyable experience for horse and human, and as such we will also talk a lot about equine body language/calming signals/signs of tension etc.
This class is for you if:
- you want a confident, relaxed and motivated horse
- you'd like to build strong foundation skills in both you and your horse, so you're set up to succeed (whatever "success" might look like for you and your equine buddy)
- you want to cement your learning in a supportive, motivating environment
- you/your horse are new to clicker training and you’d like to accelerate your progress in the foundation stages of training
- you have been clicker training for a while but would like to revisit and deepen your foundations, or you're starting with a new horse
- you would like to avoid mistakes that can lead to roadblocks like frustration or food anxiety
- you would like personalised coaching while learning alongside others on the same path as you
NB: Prices are in New Zealand dollars (consult XE for current conversion rates if needed) - as a rough estimate the price usually equates to less than USD$100, for four weeks of personalised coaching!
You will need a Facebook account to take part, however the entire course is done inside a secret group (i.e. your posts and comments are not seen by anyone except other course members).